We're excited to learn that you're interested in joining Boston Virtual ARTCC. The community accepts applications from members who are serious about realistic, professional aviation simulation. The application process is designed to ensure members who are willing to learn become part of the community.
Please follow these instructions to apply:
- Proceed through our admissions process by signing up for a VATSIM account, reading our Online Safety Statement, and reviewing background information about flying with us.
- Complete and score an 80% or higher on our entrance exam. The answers to the exam questions are covered in the material found in the application process, so please read that section carefully. Once you have successfully completed the exam, you may complete the application form.
- Complete the application form and ensure all required fields are completed. Take some time and give thought to your responses. All short-essay questions are carefully reviewed; if you are serious about becoming a member, do not provide one-sentence answers with improper spelling or grammar. Most members who are not accepted do not put enough thought or effort into their short-essay responses.
- Once you have submitted your application, please be patient. Applications are reviewed within 24-48 hours and you will receive an email indicating whether or not application has been approved. If you have not received an e-mail within 48 hours, please Contact Us. Also note that a working email is required; without one, we won't be able to inform you of your application status. Several accounts are deleted every month because people have not provided correct email addresses!
Once you are ready to proceed, click the 'Next' button.
Terms and Conditions
- All applicants must be 13 years of age or older
- Applicants should have a working microphone and speakers (or headset) to be able to communicate via voice with ATC
- Applicants must maintain a valid email address
- Applicants are required to pass the entrance exam
- Boston Virtual ARTCC reserves the right to revoke or refuse the membership of any applicant